Sage MAVERICK Fly Rod - OFFSHORE Combo 14wt Fly Rod + Spectrum MAX Reel (11/12) + FREE Fly Line & Backing
- What you get with our combo:
- Rod: SAGE MAVERICK 14wt (1486-4) - NEW!!! Saltwater specific Sage fly rod for 2020 season. Perfect for the biggest saltwater predators.
- Reel: SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 11/12 *Can also upgrade this to the newest Sage Enforcer or Thermo big game reels or any other brand we carry - Call us!
- Line (FREE! - $100 Value): Cortland Billfish Intermediate or RIO Leviathan Intermediate or Sink Tip Billfish Line (Call or Email to request or we can put our recommended line on the reel)
- Backing (FREE!): Blue color (contact us to request a different color, also free)
- Leader (FREE! $20 Value): RIO TARPON Pro Leaders (2-Pack) *Rio does not yet make specific offshore species / billfish leaders. We can also give you any 60-100lb mono spool if you like to make your own leaders.
- Pro Setup: FREE On request - Call or email us to request setup.
- Shipping: FREE!
Need help choosing which one? Call 941-483-6847 or Email us any time: email@example.com for pro advice. For general saltwater use, we recommend an 8 weight (you can go a little lighter with a 7wt if you want, same price, just let us know). If you have a specific fish species in mind, let us know and we can help.
More about the NEW Sage MAVERICK Series of Fly Rods:
SAGE MAVERICK Saltwater Fly Rods - Made for Saltwater Fly Fishing
SALTWATER SPECIFIC / FAST ACTION
Ankle-deep bonefish flats to bait balls in bluewater, the MAVERICK has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications. Tailored for quick-shots and hearty fights, it’s the perfect tool for any angler stepping into the saltwater arena where speed is of the utmost importance.
Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results. Sage’s new MAVERICK has been designed to maximize these quick-shot opportunities with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the MAVERICK is ready for any salty challenge thrown its way.
• Quick-Shot Presentations
• Increased Pulling And Lifting Power
• Oversized Guide-Set To Help Reduce Tangles Of Larger Saltwater Knots
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color
- Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
** Need help choosing which rod or reel, or what flies to get? Call 941-483-6847 or Email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org for pro advice **