Sage MAVERICK 8wt REDFISH Outfit Combo - 8wt Fly Rod + Spectrum LT Reel (7/8) + FREE Fly Line, Leader & Backing!
This Maverick is the best-selling rod we have ever had for saltwater!
- What's in this combo:
- - Rod: SAGE MAVERICK 8wt (890-4) Saltwater specific Sage fly rod and this is the bestselling rod we have in the entire store! - Perfect for Redfish and also for general saltwater use on many other species like Bonefish, Striper, Snook, Sea Trout, and more!
- - Reel: SAGE SPECTRUM LT 7/8 Reel - Default color is usually silver but you can request other colors like teal (currently backordered) subject to availability, contact us if you want something different. We can substitute other colors of this same reel or upgrade to another reel - Call us!
- - Line (FREE!): RIO Premier Redfish Fly Line (NEW for 2022!) (8wt / WF8F) or other line on request (subject to availability)
- - Backing (FREE!): Blue color RIO or Cortland (high quality brands, no cheap junk) - Blue color or contact us to request a different color, also free!)
- - Leader (FREE!): RIO Saltwater Leader or Scientific Angler Redfish or Umpqua Redfish (always a high-quality brand, just depends on availability of them these days)
- - Pro Setup: FREE On request - Call or email us to request setup. *If you do not reel with your left hand, let us know that.
- - Shipping: FREE!
Need help choosing which one? Call 941-483-6847 or Email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org for pro advice. For general saltwater use, we recommend an 8 weight (you can go a little lighter with a 7wt if you want, same price, just let us know). If you have a specific fish species in mind, let us know and we can help.
The Ideal Bonefish Combo (description from Sage):
The ideal bonefish combination should be able to effectively handle conditions that can vary from completely calm to extremely windy and this set-up does that to perfection. It will effortlessly deliver a silent presentation that won’t disturb even the spookiest bonefish in quiet shallows, yet it is equally as efficient when it comes to driving a tight loop into a strong head-wind with precision. The high-capacity reel’s silky-smooth drag never misses a beat and protects the lightest tippets even when a double-digit monster heads toward the horizon on a signature blistering run. When it comes to stalking bonefish, this is the quintessential outfit.
More about the NEW Sage MAVERICK Series of Fly Rods:
SAGE MAVERICK Saltwater Fly Rods - Made for Saltwater Fly Fishing
SALTWATER SPECIFIC / FAST ACTION
Ankle-deep bonefish flats to bait balls in bluewater, the MAVERICK has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications. Tailored for quick-shots and hearty fights, it’s the perfect tool for any angler stepping into the saltwater arena where speed is of the utmost importance.
Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results. Sage’s new MAVERICK has been designed to maximize these quick-shot opportunities with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the MAVERICK is ready for any salty challenge thrown its way.
• Quick-Shot Presentations
• Increased Pulling And Lifting Power
• Oversized Guide-Set To Help Reduce Tangles Of Larger Saltwater Knots
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color
- Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
8wt 9'0" (890-4): All-around saltwater tool and go-to Bonefish rod
** From Salt Fly Pro staff:
If you are looking for a great all-around saltwater rod for flats, inshore / near-shore, or even if you are specifically searching for Bonefish, the 8 WT is fantastic. Go with a size or two up (9-10 WT) for Permit, small Tarpon, and other species in that size range. Tarpon (other than juveniles) will normally be fished with an 11wt or sometimes 12wt if they are monsters.
For the big game / offshore fish, we suggest the 11-14 range. If you need help or have any questions in deciding, don't hesitate to reach out and we will talk you through it.
** Need help choosing which rod or reel, or what flies to get? Call 941-483-6847 or Email us any time: email@example.com for pro advice **