- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- KonneticHD Technology
- Squid Ink blank color, Black thread wraps with Blue trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides; Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat; Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with Blue logo and model tag; Blue powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
- Heavy-duty Stealth Black anodized aluminum uplocking reel seat
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle on most models.
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with extended fighting butt (13 - 16 WT)
- If you are looking for a 14wt, go with the 13 for the Salt HD
All of the SALT HD rods are 9ft. in length except for the heaviest 13 and 16 WT which are both 8'6" and include an extended grip / fighting butt.
** From Salt Fly Pro staff:
This rod is definitely a staff favorite here.
If you are looking for a great all-around saltwater rod for flats, inshore / near-shore, or even if you are specifically searching for Bonefish, the 8 WT is fantastic. Go with a size or two up (9-10 WT) for Permit, small Tarpon, and other species in that size range.
For the big game / offshore fish, we suggest the 11-16 range. The extended grip area is also helpful for big tarpon and GT (Giant Trevally) even on the 11 WT and there is no price difference to go with the extended grip version. No significant weight difference either. If you need help or have any questions in deciding, don't hesitate to reach out and we will talk you through it.
** Need help choosing which rod or reel, or what flies to get? Email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org for pro advice **
Bar none, Tarpon are the most rigorously demanding shallow water gamefish of an angler’s tackle, and the SALT HD stands up to the test. The responsiveness of KonneticHD Technology provides my anglers with the ability to present flies delicately at short distances to laid up Tarpon in off-colored water, while still maintaining the ability to reach out far to strings of swimming fish. The low stretch properties of DirectCore incorporated in the Flats Pro makes the insurmountable feat of penetrating a Tarpons mouth more feasible and ensures in increasing more quality hook ups, amounting to less fish jumping off. The dynamic duo pairing of the SALT HD with the Flats Pro aids in leveling the playing field for all anglers in pursuit of these mythical dinosaurs that lurk beneath the surface.
— Capt. Camp Walker, Sage Elite Pro